Pictures from the woods and the river. It was nice today, but a little windy. Could barely feel it down in the woods, though.
1. Twist (and shout)
2. Moss sporophytes
6. A nest!
9. Little gray buds
10. I can't believe I found this little guy!
15. Wicked thistles?
18. Detail of one of the large ice chunks by the river. I thought this picture was kind of fun -- I didn't think it was oriented correctly when I opened the file, and now I can't remember which way it goes. So we're going to go with this.
20. More icy abstraction
21. Leaves in the little stream. They have a tendency to wash up in little formations like this.
24. I love the striations in the ice. They remind me of banded agates.
26. Still more goldenrod
29. I have the annoying feeling that someone might have told me recently what the little growths on this tree were, but unfortunately I didn't immediately squirrel that comment away as I should have. Assuming it exists. Anyway, the red bulbous things are new to me.