2. It has been suggested to me that all this crap growing all over our woods is honeysuckle. This is mildly distressing because there’s an incredible amount of it. Damn invasive stuff.
3. This tree on the north side of our property is so funny. It’s a box elder, at least I think, and it’s got something crazy going on with it. Bacterial disease?
5. Shreds in bark
8. Water droplet on a moss sporophyte
10. That might not be immediately apparent but that is a bug there on the bark.
11. Hackberry bark. I’ve taken lots of pictures of hackberry bark over the last few months, because I find it very intriguing, but it’s fun to see the spaces between the ridges greening up, along with the haze of vegetation in the background.
12. Look, a new leaf on an old leaf! Outrageous.
13. A little spider web bedecked with water droplets. You can even see the little spider, albeit blurred, towards the top.
15. View from the top of the campsite of the stream below