I’m not 1000% certain these are elm fruits (samaras), but I’m pretty sure. They’re all over the woods right now. Did I say “they”? Maybe I meant “it.” Maybe I’m taking pictures of the same one, over and over again.
3. On one of the big old shelf fungi that I took pictures of a few weeks back
4. I found a bunch of bunches of samaras. Actually, no, I just found two or three.
5. On pin oak and cottonwood leaves
6. On more cottonwood leaves and on these stems that I really like because of their soft pinkish colors and diamond-shaped black marks.
8. In some of the last water remaining in the little temporary meltstream
9. On a section of wound-up barbed wire fence that in theory delineates our land from the neighbors'. In theory.