Pictures from the woods this morning.
1. Wild ginger
2. This is what the woods look like when you get to the bottom of the ravine; you can see the little path we have veering to the left
3. Bloodroot leaf
4. Dew on false rue anemone leaves
5. Dutchman's breeches flowers
6. I like how thick and verdant all the wildflowers are getting on the floor of the woods; I also thought it was neat how the few taller false rue anemones kind of jumped out against the shadow cast by this fallen log
7. Not sure what this old seedhead is but I like it
8. A little stand of trees that I happen to like very much
9. The sun coming up over the opposite riverbank
10. Box elder flowers
11. Grass growing in the mud by the river
12. This dark tree facing south is too far away; it's hard to get a picture of it. I really like it though.
13. Waves rippling against the sandbar in the middle of the river.
14. It's nice to see the trees getting noticeably greener.
15. Little plant with nice foliage by the side of the river.
16. More box elder flowers
17. Shelf fungi
18. One of the trees with new reddish-green foliage that I like ever so much
19. This is the only tree I've seen on our land (okay technically this one part here is not our land but whatever) that has galls like this. I found a website website after Googling "tree gall" featuring a picture that looks rather similar to the tree in our woods. The fungus Phomopsis might be the culprit.