1. Red admiral butterfly
2. Just a little oak seedling popping up in the strip of garden along the slope in the backyard.
3. Underside of the oak leaves
4. Lamium and sedum
5. Columbine buds
6. We haven't cleaned the leaves out of this garden yet; I sort of like how the coral bell leaves are hidden amongst them.
7. Young coral bell leaves and hairy stems
8. Dandelion stamens
9. Ground ivy or creeping Charlie. Check out the upside down ant head and antennae peaking out from under the leaf above the middle flower.
10. Shadow through clematis leaf
11. Frost-damaged clematis leaves
12. Grape hyacinth
13. There's this one lone patch of daffodils up on the slope of our lawn a good fifteen feet away from the other daffodils. It's a loner. It hasn't bloomed this year.
14. Ostrich ferns
15. Ostrich fern
16. I believe these are Coprinellus micaceus or mica cap/shiny cap.
17. Here is a picture of the results of a Thing I Did Today: the scrappy patch of dead and dying grass alongside the shop now contains strawberries, broccoli, kohlrabi, and Brussels sprouts. It looks sad and a little ugly now, but JUST WAIT.
18. My mind says to prune this flower so that the strawberry can focus on growing leaves. But my heart says keep it. KEEP IT. I WANT A STRAWBERRY.
19. Grass at the edge of the yard.