Went for a short walk this evening just along the road near my house. As always, I found much there to interest me; lots of pretty grasses in bloom. No clue what any of it is, though, and I know next to nothing about grass so I’m not even quite sure where to begin in trying to ID it. Maybe I’ll spend some time over the summer working on that.
2. Some kind of aspen
4. More horsetail
7. Crown vetch about to bloom
14. This was about the softest grass I ever felt. This should be in our lawn instead.
15. I guess I live on dead butterfly lane. It’s sad.
16. But, like all the dead butterflies along the road, I’m sure it died of extreme old butterfly age after enjoying a gentle fly alongside the road on a very pleasant evening. Yup.
17. I think it might have been a common buckeye. Not sure — looking at all the pictures on an ID website, the details start blending together, even as I flip back and forth between my pictures and theirs.