1. I haven’t been able to resist the lure of the roses just yet.
2. The big poppy bloomed today.
3. Here is a little context for the big poppy. I cleaned up that bird bath today by the way, and damn, those birds are messy.
4. Looking north at the same thing. Note the sad little iris foliage (the green and white striped stuff) in the front. They never did bloom.
5. I do love the poppies.
6. Poppy stamens
7. Unopened poppy bud in silhouette
9. I love this grass growing by the roadside.
10. More of the same grass in the above picture
11. The mini rose is growing new foliage.
12. What is this, autumn?
13. Flower buds on the one of the hostas
14. Kind of a belated Memorial Day picture — or Early Flag Day? The teapot is sprouting a flag.