These are the rest of the pictures I wanted to share from yesterday’s visit to one of my favorite places, the forested area behind my parents’ house.
2. Grass and raspberry cane
4. Yesterday’s weird fungus or lichen thing
5. Another glimpse
6. I’m pretty sure this red flufflet is formerly a piece of sumac fruit.
7. Exposed roots of a tree along the river bank
8. Not sure what kind of fungus this is. Appreciate its fluffy coat, though.
10. This is the bract that’s attached to basswood fruit.
11. This is the same bract as the one above.
13. Moss sporophytes.
17. This is the texture under the bark of one of the trees above, the one that’s fallen between the others.
18. A pattern on a different part of that tree